People & Technology
Accelerate User Adoption
Whether it’s ERPs, EHRs, SaaS, mobile, or cloud, technology is changing the way work is done and service is delivered. Technology can enable business effectiveness and efficiency, and increase the employee and customer experience, but only if users adopt the technology. Without user adoption, technology is just wasted money.
This workshop provides ways to increase buy-in and commitment for new technology, drive engagement, accelerate adoption, enhance efficiencies, and increases your ability to maximize your return on investment. Even the best technology is only as good as the people that use it and the people that help the organization prepare for implementation.
Many organizations are not prepared for the multiple initiatives and actions needed for successful implementation of such technology. Getting people to use new technology requires more than just training – it requires obtaining and maintaining buy-in and support.
To achieve success a new technology implementation requires strategic communication, a clearly understood strategy, strong committed leadership and a detailed change management and governance plan. Often employees resist the implementation of ERPs and other new technologies because they don’t understand why the technology is necessary or how it will help them do their jobs. They often feel overwhelmed by the processes, terminology, and technical nature of this type of change.
This workshop will provide tools and information in an effort to ease these concerns and help lead to successful implementations.
This program is provides participants:
• Tips for success during technology change initiatives for both change leaders and employees
• An overview of a communications and governance approach for technology change initiatives
• An overview of various technology systems including definitions of specific terminology often used in technology implementations
• Highlights of certain pitfalls and challenges that often occur during technology change initiatives
• A summary of definitions and sample roles and responsibilities associated with technology implementations
• Real life examples of successful organization and change management processes that can be used as a model for guiding the implementation and increasing adoption of new technology
Face to Face (short version can be customized for virtual delivery)
Offered in short and extended formats – 2 hour 1/2 day and full day workshops, additional customization is available.
Maximum number of participants:
Various depending on desired organizational outcomes and format.
• Change Management
• Leadership Development
• Process and Requirements Definition
• Team Performance
Session Description & Learning objectives:
• Educate the audience on technology deployment, helping to alleviate any feelings of being overwhelmed and unprepared that may arise when faced with the challenge of integrating technology within the organization
• Provide a foundation of understanding for the unique and sometimes daunting task of implementing enterprise technology
• Offer an overview of certain types of technology including definitions of specific terminology often used in technology implementations
• Teach participants the importance of having a communications and governance approach and highlight a sample methodology
• Inform participants of some of the possible roles and responsibilities changes that may occur associated with technology implementations and how to map current to future to roles
• Highlight some of the pitfalls and challenges of a technology change initiative and offer tips for success for both change leaders and employees
• Provide real life examples of successful organization and change management processes that can be used as a model for guiding the implementation of new technology
• Several useful tools and real life examples will be presented that will demonstrate how some managers have successfully overcome the challenges of merging people and technology within their organizations
What need, problem or issue the session addresses:
This session will address the frequent problems many organizations face when dealing with technology implementations – deployment and adoption. It provides a foundational understanding of what a technology effort encompasses, and some of the necessary and sometimes unique actions required for a successful implementation. The workshop will provide an overview of a holistic and systems approach to technology change management.
Expected take-aways for the participants-what they will learn and how they will benefit:
At the end of the workshop participants will have a basic understanding of certain technologies, what they are, how they function at a high level and why they are important. (and in some cases such as in Gov’t why they are mandated). Tips of how some managers have successfully overcome the challenges of merging people and technology within their organizations will also be highlighted. Participants will benefit from leaving the session, with tools and templates used with success in past technology efforts, such as change management processes, terminology and definitions, a glossary, and an overall high level approach (inclusive of a change management and communications process) for managing the integration of people and technology. Participants will also learn sample roles and responsibilities, and gain tips for success aimed at both change leaders and employees.